The kitchen is a space where necessity meets creativity where a person has to make their daily meals simultaneously, and they can get passionate about the food and come up with some amazing recipes that can change their entire perspective.
Every part of the kitchen, right from the kitchenware to the cutlery to the ingredients used in the spice cabinet, is extremely crucial to the food taste good and allowing the individual to be in the kitchen for a long time without it feeling like a burden. Another important aspect of a beautiful and happening space for cooking are kitchen benchtops.
THE INSPIRATION PIT STOP TO FINDING THE PERFECT KITCHEN BENCHTOP
Yes, kitchen benchtops are also as important as the faucet in there to clean the used utensils. There are various kinds of surfaces used to make them, for instance, granite and marble, and various textures that can be customized as per the client’s requirement. If they are neat freaks who should clean the benchtop surface with washes, then a smooth stone is recommended, which things wipe off easily.
Benchtop ideas to start the creation of that dream kitchen:
- Laminate benchtop: These benchtops have indeed stood out over centuries and have come very fat with their array of colour pallets and varying pattern choices available, along with some incredible textures. One tiny downside of this form of bench topping is that there could be potential cracks due to wear and tear, which could be difficult to repair. Still, on the other hand, these laminated tops have the added advantage of hiding the joints, and any two slabs meet and giving it that seamless continuous one stone look.
- Granite: Not only is granite one of the hardest stones available in the market for specific use as a benchtop, but it also provides a distinct character to the entire kitchen. Not only will the kitchen look very chic, but the person cooking there will also be extremely proud of being a part of a home kitchen that looks like art.
- Solid synthetics: Today, many homes have a craze of having a solid surface benchtop as they are easy to mould and attain shapes as per the homeowner’s desire. These synthetic solids are available in a vast selection of colours and designs, and they are most prone to cuts and scratches. Hence they were and are still being used in laboratories as workbenches due to their high fracture tolerability.
If the homeowners have young children, this is one of the best options to go for as kids can get messy during their meals, and it becomes easier to clean.
- Marble: Marble speaks only one thing, luxury. Every homeowner loves to feel like they live in a luxurious home, and hence marble benchtops are the best choice for such homes. They are a little pricey and need a bit of maintenance and care, but what precious thing in the world is something nobody needs to care for, nothing. Everything beautiful and delicate such as a marble benchtop, requires care and effort to maintain, and it’s all worth that work!
- Timber: If people love those slight hints of rustic and warmth that almost feels like they live in the country and want to feel cosy, timber benchtops are the perfect addition to such homes. For a slight twist, timber goes in such harmony with marble to give the kitchen an ambience mimicking an art gallery.
Alison Lurie is a farmer of words in the field of creativity. She is an experienced independent content writer with a demonstrated history of working in the writing and editing industry. She is a multi-niche content chef who loves cooking new things.