A home office is a common concept. A corner of the house that boosts your productivity and that can be your bubble away from the rest of the chaos. A space dedicated to improving your skills and efficiency is as important as any other part of the house. This space should inspire you and drive you to do better every day. It should uplift your mood and spell positivity.
Let us see some ways you can decorate your home office.
- Ergonomic desk and chair – You are undoubtedly going to end up spending a lot of time in this seat while working. It is essential to have a study chair and desk which support your back and ensure good posture.
- Picturesque location – Try not to pick a place that faces a wall that has no natural light. An office with a view is great for when you need to move your eyes away from the screen. This can also give your creativity a nudge and keep the cogs of your brain turning. It is also advisable to have an open and free space and do not cram yourself in a corner with your computer to occupy less space.
- Functional furniture – Consider the space you have and buy furniture for it wisely. Your workflow and storage requirements should be taken into consideration while choosing the appropriate bookshelves.
- Walls – Walls of your home office should be painted with colours that you like and make your mood better. That way you never get bored of your workplace. You can also hang paintings and pictures on the wall to keep things interesting and not make it a lifeless drag.
- Office supplies – Although you may have more than enough space to store your office supplies, having them handy on the desk gives it a truly office feel. Your post-its, staplers, pens, markers, and other stationery can find their way in an organizer on the desk. Putting up a bulletin board and soft board can help you organize your workflow. Putting up pictures of a family can brighten up your work desk too. Using vertical and horizontal organizers is an excellent way of using spaces on the walls.
- Lighting – Adding appropriate lighting is important for days when you are working well into the evening and you do not wish to disturb others. A floor lamp near the desk can be effective for when you want a soft glow, whereas a reading lamp is essential for when you are working and need focused light on notes or your laptop. Hanging lights above your desk also look very good.
- Plant – You can add a succulent or a snake plant to liven things up and add a dose of freshness to your desk. You can keep changing plants to keep things fresh. A colourful plant or a flowering plant can look really pretty on your desk.
Let the home office be an extension of your personality and showcase your most creative side!